Thursday 10 March 2011

Sibu - a Foochow Town

Sibu is a town where I normally stop for the night every time, i want to fly back to Kuala Lumpur as Sibu has it's own Sibu Airport.

This the town center where a big sign read "Pintu Gerbang Sibu or Sibu Door Gate".

This is still the town center and at the far end you can see the Tanahmas Hotel where I started my career years back. For business trip, I would prefer to stay at Tanahmas Hotel because it is near to the shopping centre, good meeting room and affordable room rate.


This Buddhist Temple which is situated by the Rejang River is one of Sibu tourist attraction. Last Christmas was my first time visiting this temple and the view from up there is great. You can see the whole Sibu town and the grand Rejang River.

Sibu town viewed from the Buddhist Temple. The buildings are Hock Hua bank, Methodist Church and Parkson Shopping Center.


This is the main jetty or station for speed boats and motor express to bring passengers up river to Kapit town and Belaga town or down river to Sungei Kut, Igan or Dalat town.

Though Sibu is not my hometown but I always consider Sibu as my hometown.

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Sis!
    Wlcome to blogging world... keep update yr blog ya... God bless.. Link your blog to my blog.. :-)

    ReplyDelete